Our practice provides a wide range of equine veterinary facilities and services. If you have any questions about a specific aspect of our service, please call the veterinary practice or email us.
Relationship Networks With Other Equine Practices
We cultivate excellent relationships with other equine practices to ensure that your horse receives the very best in veterinary care.
For example, in order to ensure a 24-hour turnaround, we send all laboratory samples to B&W Equine Practice in Breadstone. We refer surgical or inpatient cases to Bourton Vale Equine Practice if a horse needs further care.
- Ambulatory - everything carried in the boot of my car!
- Drugs and supplies can be ordered for the next day if not in stock.
- Vaccinations and health check examinations- Including a healthy horse scheme (see below)
- Routine dentistry
- Lameness investigation
- Use of ultrasound- reproductive scanning and leg scanning.
- Emergency care
- Competition and racecourse attendance (member of the Association of Racecourse Veterinary Surgeons)
- Mobile X-ray - digital X-rays-image on the screen within seconds!
Healthy horse scheme includes:
- 2 visits per year
- Tooth rasp
- Evaluation of eyes, heart, worming status, (includes one wormer and 3 worm egg counts) evaluation of the horse's weight, limbs and feet, trotting up and advice on any specific worries the owner might have.
- Tailored to the individual horse and owner.
- £250 including the mileage. Can be paid in monthly instalments.
This does not include:
- Sedation (if needed for dentistry)
- Any drugs that may be dispensed for treatment.
- Blood testing
- Emergency care